Minutes September 2021

2021 Minutes ArchiveMinutes Uploaded on November 23, 2021



Minutes of the proceedings of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council, held at The Mount Association, Galloping Green Rd, Eighton Banks, Gateshead NE9 7YA Monday 13th September 2021.


Attendees :

Chairperson: Cllr J Callaghan.

Councillors: Heather Nixon, Robert Harrison, Steve Greaves (Vice Chair), Gordon Baldwin, Stephen Phillips. Andrew Batten, Emma Miller, Elizabeth Andrews, Jane McCoid.


137       Apologies for Absence:   Celia Kendal & Lisa Johnson


The following vacancies were shared:

Kibblesworth – 6 Members.

Cllr R Harrison, Cllr Gordon Baldwin, Cllr Stephen Phillips

Cllr Heather Nixon, Clr M.Moorhouse.  (One Vacancy)

Longshanks & Team Colliery  – 3 Members

Cllr Jackie Callaghan, Cllr Elizabeth Andrew.  (One Vacancy).

Eighton Banks – 5 Members

Cllr Emma Miller, Cllr Andrew Batten, Cllr Steve Greaves (Vice Chair),

Cllr Lisa Johnson. One Vacancy)

Lady Park & Lamesley – 1 Member

Cllr Celia Kendal


138       MINUTES: Discussion, Action and Questions of last meeting minutes:


Draft minutes from 12th July 2021 meeting were circulated on the 14th July and agreed.


139     Correspondence received since July meeting:


Resignation letter received from Anita Lawrence regarding her role of Parish Clerk who left the role on 6th September 2021.  All Councillors agreed that the role needs to filled as quickly as possible.

  • Jackie Callaghan will circulate a sample Job Description to all other Councillors and each Councillor will provide a list of what they expect the new Clerk role to involve to the Lamsley Parish Council email account by Monday 20th
  • Steve Greaves and Gordon Baldwin will then meet after that date to produce the final Job Description for advertising. This will be circulated back to all Councillors.
  • Steve Greaves agreed to contact Anita to resolve outstanding issues and arrange for collection of the Parish Council laptop, files and filing cabinet.
  • Jackie Callaghan agreed to contact Lloyds Bank to resolve banking issues and change of account ownership.




Request received asking to contribute to the provision of CCTV from the Mount, Eighton Banks to improve security and option 1 was supported and agreed with no objections.  This was to pay £950 +VAT towards provision and installation.  Cameras have now been installed and are working.


Request received from Kibblesworth Bowling Club for Childrens equipment which was supported and agreed and £390 was provided and equipment was bought and used during the summer holidays.


Lynn Hopper, Gateshead Dog Warden dropped 40 lamppost stickers off and is in the process of having posters made, these will also be dropped off when ready however there is no time limit as funding is tight.

Stephen Phillips and Jackie Callaghan circulated these at the meetiing to display in the Parish Council area.


Letter received from Jimmy Hall, 14 Grange Estate, Kibblesworth requesting that a bench is provided on the bank between Grange Estate and Grange Terrace to allow people like him to rest on route to the bus stop as it is too far/steep to walk without stopping.

  • Jackie Callaghan agreed to take this to the Ward meeting along with Jane McCoid for them to review the request decide upon it.


Request received from residents in Kibblesworth and Birtley regarding the bus times that have changed and the services that have been removed.

  • Jackie Callaghan agreed to work with Sheila Gallagher and contact the private bus company concerned to fully understand the proposals and challenge them.


Gateshead MBC are to complete a planting programme that includes the Parish.  The 3 Ward Councillors will be asking Parish Councillors for suggestions around where these new plants should be placed.

  • Jane McCoid to co-ordinate this with all Councillors


Concerns have been raised around the safety of the location of the Parish Defibrillator in Kibblesworth. It is currently on the Northern Print wall which is dark and close to a small wall causing a tripping hazard with a 4-5 foot drop onto the road when it is cleaned and checked by the guardians.

  • Jackie Callaghan agreed to speak with the printer around putting up a small fence to improve safety and if agreed to request estimates to complete the work.


Request from CDALC to attend their AGM on Saturday 9th October at Shilton Town Council Civic Centre.

  • Jackie Callaghan agreed to attend and there is one more place for an additional councillor and needs to be confirmed by 30th



140    Specific area updates:  



  • Eighton Banks Ward:


Overgrown hedges and verges was raised regarding Galloping Green Lane area narrowing the paths and roads which is a safety issue and cars speeding along the road is still an issue.

  • Jane McCoid agreed to contact GMBC grass cutting team for action.


The drainage of rain water on Rockcliffe Way is still an issue even after several requests to GMBC to clear the gullys and channels.  Steve Greaves has been informed that they had been done but in the wrong area

  • Steve Greaves agreed to continue pressuring GMBC until this is resolved


Concerns were raised over the field next to Brysons which has a wall around it is poor repair that is becoming more dangerous.

  • Emma Miller agreed to speak with Brysons regarding ownership and share the concerns with Jane McCoid to help identify ownership and accountability to ensure improvements are made.


  • Kibblesworth:


Dangerous parking continues on Kibblesworth Front Street when school children are leaving school.

  • Bob Harrison agreed to report this to the Police to monitor.


The Bowling Club have used the Parish donation to buy Childrens equipment and this has been well received and used often.  Communication of this was not as good as it could have been and the organisers of GMBC sports days could also have used the equipment.  The equipment is still available at the Bowling Club and can still be used by the children.

  • Bob Harrison agreed to feed this back to the organisers and to suggest that the school is involved better in this next year.
  • Bob Harrison agreed to ask the Bowling Club if they are interested in setting up an after school club to continue utilising the equipment to its besr effect.


The Lord Lawson school bus taking children home to Kibblesworth has been removed and children now have to get alternative buses via Springwell and Wrekenton which adds up to an hour to the journey.  Heather Nixon has had complaints from parents and spoken with Lamesley Councillors to formally approach the school.  Jane McCoid has also taken this up with the school.

  • Heather Nixon agreed to inform the parents to add weight to the argument and contact the school themselves.





  • Lady Park & Lamesley:


Ongoing issues with the absence of HGV road signs preventing them from using minor roads for access continues.

  • Jackie Callaghan agreed to take this back to the ward meeting.


  • Longshanks & Team Colliery :


The Cement works at the bottom of Elm Crescent are wanting to relocate the concrete batching plant, install a new tarmac plant and storage area, build plant workshops, process secondary aggregate and create a new office building with parking and have set a 23rd September deadline for feedback and objections.  34 of the 70 addresses affected have already objected due to the additional traffic and hazards this will cause.

  • Elizabeth Andrew agreed to ensure that all the objections are submitted by the deadline and to contact Judith Turner and Sheila Gallagher for support.


Speeding on Lamesley Road is still a concern with 2 accidents having already happened and blocked the road and near misses continue.

  • Elizabeth Andrew agreed to contact the Police to prompt use of a mobile speed camera to resolve the issue


Parking continues on the double yellow lines on Longshanks Lane which is dangerous and hazardous to pedestrians.

  • Elizabeth Andrew agreed to report this to the Police for monitoring.




Balance at 31.08.2021:


Treasury account                            £10,209.73

Memorial account                        £     447.66

Contingency account                  £10,003.68


Paid out in July/August –        Clerk salary June/July                     £. 386.10

Insurance                             £. 706.60

Birkenheads Wild                 £. 350.00

Bowling Club                        £. 390.00

The Mount CCTV                  £1194.00

Clerk salary JulyAug           £  386.10

Audit fees                       £1092.00

Clerks Salary up to 6/9    £  386.10


Money in:  The Mount  Rent     £5.00







Anita Lawrence has now been removed from the Financial accounts and Jackie Callaghan will contact Lloyds Bank to take over management of the account




Gateshead Council have forwarded details of all applications received from

within the Parish Council’s area as part of the consultation process.

The following applications have been received and noted:


Ref: DC/21/00885/FUL:  Erection of detached dwelling with garage.  27 North Dene

Northside, Birtley, DH3 1PZ.



Fertiliser storage tank, Land North Of Kibblesworth, Bank, Riding Farm, Kibblesworth


Ref: DC/21/00900/TPO:  Works to 1 Beech tree in grounds of church

hall.  St Andrews Church Hall, Lamesley Cottages, Lamesley, Birtley NE11 0EU


DC/21/00900/TPO Tree Preservation Order Application DEL:  St Andrews Church

Hall, Lamesley Cottages, Lamesley, Birtley, NE11 0EU


Cornerstone 109465:  Proposed base station installation upgrade at  Lobley Hill,  Priceway South, Team Valley TE, Gateshead, NE11 0TU, NGR: E: 424411, N: 559481


DC/21/00842/HHA: Householder Application DEL: Conversion of existing

attached outbuilding to living accommodation. Pockerley Buildings

Farm Pockerley Buildings, Farm, Kibblesworth, Birtley, DH9 0RZ


Ref: DC/21/00133/FUL: Erection of one 3 bedroom dwelling

(amended plans received and description amended 16.07.2021). Land Adjacent 1 Cypress Road, Eighton Banks, Gateshead, NE9 7XE


DC/21/00910/AGR Agricultural Notification DEL:  Land North Of

Kibblesworth Bank, Riding Farm, Kibblesworth. DETERMINATION OF

PRIOR APPROVAL: Fertiliser storage tank




Overgrown foliage obscuring road signs is an issue around most of the Parish

  • All Councillors to feed this back to GMBC


Jane McCoid, proposed by Bob Harrison and seconded by Stephen Phillips, will fill the Kibblesworth vacancy with immediate effect.


Jane McCoid agreed to circulate to all Councillors an up to date list of GMBC contacts and their areas of responsibility.



145     Next Parish meeting


The next Parish Ordinary Meeting of the Council is proposed for Monday 11th October  2021 at 6.30pm at the Millenium Centre in Kibblesworth.